At Scizzorhands Salon & Spa, what you want is what matters to us.
Book Scizzorhands' Top Rated Microblading Services
Microblading is a permanent makeup (PMU) treatment for the eyebrows, but it's better seen as a "semi-permanent tattoo." It uses pigment to mimic the colour and shape of small hairs, giving your eyebrows more shape, definition, and colour without constant maintenance.
A microblading appointment takes between 1 - 3 hours depending on your needs, but you'll walk out with the best-looking brows possible!
How Does This Incredible Treatment Work?
Our technician takes a pen-like instrument with very fine needles and makes little strokes in the skin about 1 millimetre in depth. She then places a special pigment inside the incision, ensuring that everything flows in a natural direction. These tiny strokes fill out uneven eyebrows and give them added depth and shape. The final results are bold, full eyebrows that look as natural as possible. No one will ever be able to tell the difference between the microblading and real hairs! It's the perfect solution for those with thin, light, or patchy eyebrows, and can even give added definition to blonde brows. (Some tinting may be required for very fine brow hairs). With microblading, you are in control, and we can give you the size, shape, arch, and colour you desire.
What Does This Eyebrow Treatment Feel Like?
Because there are small needles involved and talk of "tattooing," some people might hesitate at the idea. Don't worry about pain - we use a numbing gel so you won't feel anything too severe! The needles do not work nearly as deep in the skin as tattooing, and thus the pain is much less acute. The feeling of a microblading treatment is better compared to waxing or plucking. You'll mostly feel the technician using her pen to make the small strokes in and around your eyebrow.
How Long Do The Results Last?
One of the main benefits of microblading is long-lasting results. You can expect your fuller eyebrows to last more than a year, and in some cases, up to three. In some instances, you might want to come in for a touch-up, but this depends on your skincare routine, how often you touch the area, etc. Even then, you won't need a touch-up for at least a year! This is one full year of no pencils, no definers, no fake colours from eyebrow mascara, and no fuss! You will roll out of bed with your brows on point, ready to start the day without a care in the world.
What To Do After Your Microblading Treatment
Microblading works by making very tiny incisions and putting a pigment just inside the dermis (the layer below the upper layer of skin, or epidermis). As such, there is some healing involved. For the skin to heal properly, it's important to take some precautions for the first week to ten days following the treatment.
- Avoid putting pressure on the eyebrows while they heal. Don't rub your eyes and try to sleep on your back instead of on your stomach.
- Avoid getting your brows wet. Wash your face with caution, and try to use a dry shampoo alternative instead of washing your hair in the shower. Do not swim until they have healed.
- Try not to sweat too much. The salt from sweat can harm the healing and diminish the colour. Don't work out, take excessively hot showers, or use hot tubs and saunas. You can form a protective barrier with a balm to prevent sweat from getting into the brows.
- The incisions should scab towards the end of their healing cycle, but don't scratch or pick them off. You could harm the skin and colour that way. Let them fall out naturally.
- Don't apply makeup to the eyebrows until they are fully healed. (Should you want to, of course - the microblading should make it unnecessary!)
If you follow the precautions and take extra care, the microblading healing process should take no more than seven to ten days!
Let's Get In Touch!
Thicker, fuller eyebrows have never been more available, and microblading makes it happen. Call the Scizzorhands team today to book your appointment and get into London's best microblading services!